Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Travelling - Part 5

After working in GG for nearly 2 years, sometimes I was just into the GG mood, being very picky and a bit arrogant somehow... that's what I classified as a kind of deficiency of being not able to "switch off" from my work. Even when I was in England, I did suffer from this "disease" as well...

After spending one night in Leeds, it's time to go to Manchester. Maybe I didn't expect to meet so many CHINESE in England, when I met my friend's Chinese friends, I had a strange feeling, I don't know why, just feeling strange, but anyway, they were my friend's friends.
I always think the student dorm in England should be BIG, but once I stepped into the room, how come it's of the same size as that in Hong Kong, a bit surprised (not disappointed, as I live in a very small apartment in Hong Kong). I was happy enough to stay in my friend's place, old Chinese saying "Rely on your family at home, reply on friends outside home", I am really happy that I have so many friends in England.

It's even happier to meet friends that haven't met for long time outside Hong Kong, and good to see that they have had good time as well...

Liam and Vic - my friends living in Manchester now, I met them in Hong Kong. It's so unbelievable that I can see them again in England.

On the first night. We (Me, Andrew, Liam and Vic + some other Chinese) all went to a Chinese karaoke "restaurant" in the China Town, not sure why Andrew brought me to place like that, probably he thought that's a very special place, yes, maybe for WESTERNERS, not Hong Konger like me... haha... but I did enjoy the time there.

Then the time has come, we headed to a place called "Fifth Avenue", probably one of the biggest student clubs in town, packed with students, with loads of cheap vodka red bull. Though I never fancy red bull, but just 1 pound per glass, what can you complain? NO...

It's good place to go when you get rat arsed, if not, it's just soso. Once I stepped it, I felt like I was in a club called "Hollywood" in Pattaya, the only different thing was all the Thai sluts were replaced by those Blondies, haha, sounded good. But I was not into a good mood to "hunt" that night, I felt a bit bored, I don't know, probably just too stuffy and hot inside, can;t really breathe. Maybe if I were 4 years younger, I could get into the mood. Or maybe the people met there were not that "sophisticated" and "elegant" as I met in those "fashion parties" in HK, that's why it made me a bit hesitated to drink and dance. Sounded like a prick, right?: But if you work in the same industry like me, you will know what I mean, it's just so different, and somehow it's just too hard to explain that to the "outsider", of course, I try hard to be myself, but as I have said earlier, sometimes, I did suffer from this "disease"...

Anyway, good night in Manchester, good enough for me.

~to be continued~

1 Comments:

At 1:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record (in no particular order):

-The "2 brutes/animals" were not rapists. There was probably more chance of Mr Lau consensually shagging Bex, i.e zero-none Don't worry Shaun.

-The "primary school brutes" were secondary school scamps and would have barged past anyone to get on the train (not just a "foreigner")

-Larry and I are immune to the old yarm flies that have been around since the Yarm Plague of 1804.

-I thought there was a switch in all chinese people that made them implode if they didn't go to karaoke at least once a month. As it was dangerously close to the dreaded 28 days I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

-The powerful "TITS" were indeed top quality even for England standards. I just hope she doesnt somehow read this otherwise she will probably not speak to me again. Oh yeh and in the 10 minutes at the bar when "nothing happened".......................well that's not what the bar man told me later.

Respect

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home