Monday, October 24, 2005

Workaholic

Surely, many Hong Kong people think I am lazy, even though I work from 9:30 til 20:00 everyday.

Maybe in Hong Kong, many people think it's "common" or "normal" to work for 12 hours everyday, it's really pathetic for those who have this belief, what's life and what's the meaning of life? Work? Absolutely not, there are only 24 hours a day, if you spend 12 hours solely on work, then only 12 hours left, then you sleep for 7 hours everyday, you only have 5 hours left. 5 hours, you only have 5 hours everyday to work on your own business or enjoy your personal life, that sucks...

Maybe in Hong Kong, people are jus too tensed and don't know how to relax, or they were "educated" to be a slave of work when they were young, that's why they don't think working more than 12 hours everyday is a problem, what's a weird phenomenon...

I am trying hard to leverage my work and personal life, but it's hard to find a balance, I always hope my work won't interfere my personal life, but it just doesn't happen, no matter how hard I try, it still affects my life alot, is there any way to separate my life and my work? i am still seeking for that, I hope I can get it one day...

It's really horrible to hear people "criticise" my "laziness" when I think I work hard enough, why can't "they" just think deeply and thoroughly about their life, is it all about work? "Workaholic" definitely not a compliment, by referring to the "Oxford Advanced Learner's English-Chinese Dictionary" Forth edition,

Workaholic : person who works obsessively and finds it difficult to stop

Hope all those who read my blog don't have this problem... I mean I hope you are not a workaholic, or you need to go for meditation IMMEDIATELY... Good Luck mates...

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger kachun said...

in that 5 hours, u will be commuting to/from work, eating and washing yourself and clothes... etc etc...

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend Ming,

You now can feel how I live in the pervious 2 yrs right?? Anyway, in your industry or in mine, we can just escape from long working hrs until you become a boss or be a freelancer.

Hope we can hv 48hrs/ day then.

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4 SDHC[/url] DS NetPostv2)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home