Monday, September 12, 2005

Insomnia

I used to fall asleep easily, but these days, don't know what happened, my brain is not functioning very well, and "insomnia" suddenly becomes my close friend.

I hate the feeling of insomnia, I can feel a lot of tension inside my brain, to be honest, I have nothing to worry about these days, I have a new job waiting for me, a long holiday waiting for me, I don't know what's going on, is there anything wrong with my brain, I don't know.

I have "consulted" one of my doctor friend long time ago, asking him what should we do if we are suffering from insomnia, and the answer was "don't try to force yourself to sleep, wake up and do something else until you feel tired", that's the professional advise, but still doesn't sound a very good method. I only want to sleep, not to wake up to do anything else to make me tired.

Okay, besides the professional advise from my friend, I read another article regarding the human's biological clock. It explains why we progressively feel more tried and tired throughout the week, even though we have the same amount sleeping hour every night. Let say on Monday, we need to sleep at 12 and wake up at 8 in the morning, that's for Day 1. Then in day 2, our "clock" wants us to sleep at 1 and wake up at 9, so 1 hour delay everyday, so on Friday, it's always most tired day even though we sleep from 12 to 8 everyday. But why can we recover from the lack of 1 hour everyday (That's a total of 10 hours missed in a week)? Cos we sleep long on Saturday to "replenish" those hours we missed in the week.

Maybe that's the reason why I am in "insomnia" these days, cos I start to realize my clock system and I am more conscious than before. I don't know. Maybe only. Or maybe I am getting old, I don't need to sleep so much.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger kachun said...

when i can't fall asleep, i will try to lay out the things i did that day, in reverse order, so before i go to sleep, i brush my teeth, before that i was online, and try to remember as much details as i can.

well, this is a kind of dream practice, but it works for me.

by the way, what has become your itenary? when r u taking off to england...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home