Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Line

There always should be a clear line between your professional and personal lives.

People always query why I complain my job so much. I know some of them are getting tired and pissed off that I complain always, talking about my work when I go out to drink. Some people said that I probably got the job that most people dreamt of, going to parties, getting in the VIP areas of the clubs, wearing desingers' clothes, drinking free wine, meeting "beautiful" people, having kind of different life-style than most people. Sounds cool, right? But when you find that the line between your professional and personal lives becomes invisible, how pathetic it is.

Yes, I party a lot, when you guys go to party, you probably enjoy much, when I go, I talk to most people, building relations, "spying", "gossiping", you can't show youself to someone, you can't complain, you can't say a word that is bad to your work or your boss. When people asks "How's work?", the model answer is "It's good, how's yours?", then you will hear "It's good as well". Even when we had really shitty time, we smiled, we swallowed our tear, showing our most cheerful and our standard No.1 "smile" to the industry people. Who can be trusted? I will say, "NO ONE", keep you mouth zipped, smile and keep walking, drinking with people, chattering with others in the party, the only thing you can do, probably you can get drunk as well, drowned yourself with free Moet, but make sure you won't let any "bad thing" slip out from your mouth. Party should be something enjoyable, but once it becomes your "work", that's not fun anymore. By the way, am I working in the party? I don't know, that's no clear line, so blur.

I know some may say I can choose not to go, but people are so superficial and "absent-mind" in this industry, haven't showed up for a month and there will be gossip saying you quit the job, you are not in the industry anymore, you are not a good PR, something like that... blah blah blah.

Whether the people that seem good friends to you are your true friends or not, it's hard to determine in this industry, who doesn't smile at you, cheer at you, talk to you? Even though they hate you very much, they will still say hi, pretending you 2 are friends, drinking with you, so hypocratic. No, I don't know, somehow the term "friend" crossed the line into my personal life. Shame. I do believe some of them are really friends, but whenever there are something tie with work, it seems they are not your friends, so, I don't know.

Yes, that's quite a funny topic I think, will write more later this week, gotta sleep first, good night and have a good dream. Stay tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home