Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Devil wears Prada

Interestingly, everyone asked me 2 questions after watching this movie

1) "Are there a lot of Miranda Priestly in your industry?"

2) "Is it really like that in your industry?"

Undoubtedly, there are a lot of unreasonable bosses in this world, not only in my industry, I will say, bosses in this industry tend to be more shallow, and superficial.

I read the book and watched the movie, somehow I did see myself in there, packing clothes, buying coffee, accompany bosses to go to events, organising events, attending numerous events, life seems glamourous from outsider, but we know the sourness. It's always not easy to deal with women, especially those old and single, and obviously, there are a lot of this type of women in the industry, they are pretty, quality, living in surreal life, hoping for their "white horse" price to crown them to be the royal, I am not kidding, I heard a lot of them saying they want to be the ROYAL, though I have no clue on what they are talking about, how can you be a royal in Hong Kong?

Everything seems glamourous, and maybe everyone wants to be us, the "magic" of this industry is to "beautify" people, turning country girls into hip and chic supermodels, turning geeks into stylish iconist. MAYBE...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home